Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to control speed and rotation of a single phase motor with 240 VAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

auto_mitch

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!
I want to control a single phase motor which is working with 240 Vac. I want to control the speed and the forward/reverse rotation. How it could implemented? Can you help me? I am a little bit comfused with the coils.
Thanx

Re: single phase motor

Hi

In the first place you need an inverter - an H bridge with MOSFETs or IGBTs that convert the signals from command to the PWM signals to control the motor.

If you want to know which way the drive is rotating, you need an encoder attatched to the shaft of the drive, and check a,b, and z index signals.

As for the speed control, it is easier to create PWM either from a microcontroller as a Microchip dsPIC (with a dsPIC 30F4011 or 3a 0F6011) or programmable logic.

The "command" shoud be able to decode the signals a,b,z index from the decoder and use them as a close loop to monitor the speed of the motor, using a PI or a PID.

Hope this helps.

Sérgio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back