Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Protel DXP symbol and footprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

qasmi

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dxp + footprint

Hello folks,

Hope everyone in fine. does anyone has the Protel DXP Symbol + FootPrint for

* vertix-5 XC5VLX30 (1FF676CES)
* IS42S16160B SDRAM

I shall really be greatful.

Regards
Ahmad

protel footprint

Attached are the library files for the Vertex-5 676 ball chip.

What package does your SDRAM chip use? That chip comes in both TSOP and BGA packaging.

tmsop packages library dxp

Thank you Sir.

The SDRAM package is TSSOP

Do you have it ... I mean the symbol and footprint

waiting to hear from you soon ...

regards
Ahmad

protel tssop foot print library

I have a PCB footprint that should work for the TSSOP 54 pin package. It's made to IPC 7351 nominal specs. It's attached below. Check it carefully for yourself.

I do not have a schematic symbol for this chip. You'll have to build one for yourself with the library editor.

dxp 2002 connect lib

Hello House_cat,

I'm really greatful to you Sir. Its my first time that I'm designing a multilayer pcb.

I have some questions regarding multilayer pcb design. Please give me some "RULE OF THUMBS" while designing multilayer pcb and BGA package like the one you have uploaded. How many layers does such a BGA package need.

My design consists of frequency upto 100MHz. I've partitioned my pcb into 2 part, i.e. 1) Analog part containg the analog processing including an ADC and 2) Digital part containg the Vertix-5 FPAG, SDRAMs, SRAMs, DAC etc.etc.

By 2 parts I mean I am going for 2 seperate PCBs. I'm planning to make the Analog Pcb with 4 layers, 2 signal layers and 2 power planes. The 2 power planes further splits in to Analog,Digital grounds and PWR into +5v,-5V,+3.3v. AND the Digital pcb will be a 12-16 layers. Won't there be any issues when I connect the 4-layer pcb to the 16-layer pcb.

PLEASE give me a detailed "RULE OF THUMBS" for such a multilayer and multiboard design.

I shall really be greaful to you. Thank you

Best Regards

dxp capacitance footprints

You certainly have chosen an ambitious project for your first multilayer board - a 676 ball BGA is not generally done by inexperienced layout engineers.

The areas to watch when joining two boards, such as you propose doing, are the interconnects themselves. The connectors and cabling will need to be impedance matched, and your critical/high frequency signals will need to be segregated from the slower or higher amplitude signals. There's no real problem joining a four layer board to a sixteen layer board as long as the interconnects are carefully engineered.

There are so many "thumb rules" I wouldn't know where to start listing them. Besides the shear number of them, many are only good for narrow ranges of circumstances - such as traces less than 10 mils wide, or plane heights less than twice the trace width, etc.

Good layout engineering starts with good overall knowledge of electronics. Every trace on a printed circuit board is a transmission line with measurable inductance and capacitance. You need to understand how that impacts the signals you are sending down the trace - a thumb rule isn't going to help you. A good understanding of signal loops will keep you out of trouble.

For your digital signals, risetime and signal receiver thresholds are more critical than frequency - the edges of a digital signal are where the work is done and the intelligence is encoded. Your layout design has to be such that those edges are protected.

For the analog signals, the intelligence is in the wave shape. Amplitude and phase relationships have to be preserved. Once again, it is a good overall understanding of electronics that will allow you to intelligently route a PCB.

dxp symbol

Hello Sir,

I understand that I should know about the line transmission stuff. But my only critical signal is from ADC (Analog Board ) --->Digital board and the "CLK" is from Digital board --->Analog board. I think these few tracks may be easily cattered for ....... Please can you give me with the general "THUMB'S RULE" for a multi-Layer PCB design.

And should I go for signal integrity. I think, that should be mandatory, What Package or tools should I use for signal Integrity. Is HyperLynx good for it and can you please share this tool with me if you have it.

That will do it for now ....

Best Regards

sdram symbol and footprint

I'm not sure what kind of "thumb rules" you're looking for. When designing multilayer boards, there are some general guidelines that are followed, such as:
- layers are symmetrically paired with planes from the center outward
- every signal layer shlould have an adjacent plane for impedance control
- critical traces are not routed over plane splits unless adequate coupling is provided
- Alternate trace direction on adjacent signal layers to reduce coupling

There are other "thumb rules" you will see floating around such as the "20h" rule for planes - but they have been shown to be unscientific, unnecessary, and ineffective.

If you could be more specific about what concerns you regarding multilayer boards, perhaps I could be more helpful.

Hyperlynx is a good general analysis tool for PCB's. It can be purchased from Mentor.

footprint for dxp

Hi after a long time,

I hope you are fine. Can you please give me some guidlines regarding the multiple power supplies to the FF676 Vertix-5 package (i.e3.3V, 1.8V, 1 volts). I mean what should be the grounding strategy in a multipower device. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back