Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

square wave generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenglao

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys

I am working on a project which needs a ciurcuit to generate square wave. And the duty cycle can change from 5% - 90 % and the pulse width is started from 100us . Do you guys have any idea how to work on that ? thanks

You can use an astable multivibrator using IC555... you can vary the square wave frequency as well as duty cycle... you can easily google out the circuit...

Hi,

As explained by lordsathish, you can use IC555. There are plenty of application on the web. Just browse google. Do you have any constraints in terms of current capability?

Meihdi.

I checked with 555 already... the duty can only down to around 30% and it can't generate pulse width of 100us. And acutally I want a circuit that using voltage to control the pulse width and delay time..

You can use a comparator and adding hysteresis on it... Check the LMV331 comparator.. there's an application on it.

Using 555 wil be the best option as far as i know.. If u want to develop it from transistors,then build multivibrators(astable or monostable as you wish..) Refer some circuits through google search..

Using comparator is another option,but 555 is the best if u want to change the duty cycle.. 555 is very flexible ic..

there are 555 timer calculators available on net to obtain your desired duty cycle's try to calculate on them...

use MAX038 function generator, it's flexible and will fit your need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back