Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPC8260 Ports Clock - parallel port clock source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integrated

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
MPC8260 Ports Clock

Hi,

I need to know the meaning of parallel port clock source. since, I know what does it mean in 89c51 which has 1 mhz clock for all of it's parts.

:( I was searching google about MPC8260 (powerpc micro) Parallel I/O ports clock , but I didn't find anything, is there any information about ?

Thanks with regards,

Re: MPC8260 Ports Clock

arsadri said:
Hi,

I need to know the meaning of parallel port clock source. since, I know what does it mean in 89c51 which has 1 mhz clock for all of it's parts.

:( I was searching google about MPC8260 (powerpc micro) Parallel I/O ports clock , but I didn't find anything, is there any information about ?

Thanks with regards,

This might help..

Regards

Thanks a lot solvarg , but I had searched
it before and i didn't find anything, would you help more?

A simple question is, I see all microcontrollers such as ATmega has port clock the same as core clock, why must they be diffrent?

Re: MPC8260 Ports Clock

I think what that means is you can program one of those Parallel pin and use it your clock source. I guess there is one clkout pin out of MPC8260. To be sure, go to www.mot.com and search for the AppNote on that subject.

arsadri said:
Thanks a lot solvarg , but I had searched
it before and i didn't find anything, would you help more?

A simple question is, I see all microcontrollers such as ATmega has port clock the same as core clock, why must they be diffrent?

The 8260 is a sophisticated piece of silicon, beside the core based on the 603 there is a separate core called CPM. I recommend you to read the data sheet. The 8260 is designed for multi channel high speed communication applications, typical telecom.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back