Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic door luck using Biometrics/finger scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

joseph degorio

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
I'm new to microcontroller and I was hoping anyone can direct me where to start in building my project design using finger scanner to open a door luck. What are the possible hardwares needed for this setup. Pls share your ideas. :)

Thanks in advance,
Joe

The biggest player for biometric finger scanning is an outfit I went to see at IPSEC at the NEC in Birmingham, they are called suprema, this is there OEM module **broken link removed** I think you can arrange samples to your country if you find the right distributor

It would just be a matter of linking that to the MC, a great many of the modules have their own memory and simple access system so very little extra is needed.

I hear its going to be the next big thing in home security, so have fun.

Hello,
Thanks for your reply, So it means that I need to purchase the module to make this kind project. I hope somebody within the forum who started this kind of project will able to share some ideas.:)

Thanks..

Hi,
In past, i worked in One of the Biometrics company..

What they do is .. they buy finger print module from suprima and magnetic lock also availabele we just s/w relay by microcontroller to lock and unlock this lock..

Suprima module is DSP module and has own testing s/w and command which made fast development of ur project..
Other wise if u r going to develope it then i think it will take too much time and efort,

Hello experts,
Thanks for sharing your ideas, I really appreciate it. Atleast I have a good idea where to start. I have one last question, Do you think that PIC from microchip will be good for my project in mind. And what compiler you experts use? Is PICBasicPro is a good compiler?

Thanks in advance,
joe

PIC is the best choice also if u want cost to decrease philips c51 core RD are best bcz has 64Kb of memory .. for PIC i use Microchips MPLAB and for c51 i use keil...

i would recommend you to use the MicroC compiler from MikroElektronika. it's simply a C environment, provided that you know the registers of the PIC since you will be using them upon programming your PIC. It has lots of examples for the basis of your project. it consist of so many built in functions in which making your project would be at ease. Onething, MPLAB is quite too hard to understand when programming the PIC. Believe me, i once try it. When you compile your program, a hex file will be generated eventually... but microC is not for free... you have to purchase the license... it's your choice man...

Status
Not open for further replies.