Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WHY GSM 1800 is Used in comparison to GSM 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

guess.who

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
I wanted to know the advatages of GSM 1800 over GSM 800 or why we use GSM1800.
Thanks

Regards
Asad

The higher carrier frequency, the broader bandwidth and better transfered rate.

Is there any other opinion?

In GSM the higher frequency bands doesn’t have anything with transmission bandwidth and datarate, which actually is the same for all bands.

The need for higher frequencies is only related with the network planning, especially for using smaller cells in very populated regions.

sorry to tall u frds its not like that...

i am working in technical part of NSN..

so i think i am able to solve this doubt...

there r only two frequenciecs wher water absorption losses r very low at

arround 900 & arround 1800 mhz

if we use other frequency rather than this all signal is absorbed by water of environment (HUMINITY) so........

& remember call capacity is depend on aloocated bandwidth not on frequency.....

As other have commented the reason is to allow more users on populated areas. The radiated area using 1900 is less that with 900 so you can have more users in the same area. But 1900 is worst if you are planning to cover a wide and not populated area because you need more base stations and more money.

Regards,

this is because the 900M band is rare, so use the 1800,certainly y can use the 2.4g,depend on the frequency resource.

To accomidate more users.
I think here comes the difference between CDMA and GSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back