Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me understand a timing diagram of shift register

Status
Not open for further replies.
timing diagram...

Looks like homework, so here's a hint: Each D-flop transfers D to Q at the rising edge of the clock.

Re: timing diagram...

echo47 said:
Looks like homework, so here's a hint: Each D-flop transfers D to Q at the rising edge of the clock.

But for the second register, the input is in process of changing when clock rising. So what is the output taht the second register will transfer to Q?

timing diagram...

That's a good question. In general, you can assume the clock-to-Q propagation delay is greater than the clock-to-D input hold time. In other words, the second flop captures its D input data slightly before the first flop's Q output begins to change. I think all logic families are designed to behave that way, so we can interconnect them easily.

ryusgnal

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

This is a simple shift register.

O.k I understand now. thanks you all!!!

timing diagram...

this for edge sensivty,it is d filpflop is the one clock delay.
1 clk q3=0,2 clkq3=1,3 clkq3=0,4 clkq3=1,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back