Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Intermediate voltage & current transformer needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirriyaz

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm in need of an intermediate voltage transformer that converts (step-up) voltage from 63v to 120v.
Also I require a current transformer again for converting (step-up) 1-6A of current to 20A of current.
I have searched the net and contacted companies that design custom transformers but everyone replied negatively to me.
I'm in desperate need of these for one of my projects and I don't know where else can I find these.
Please help me.......
thanks in advance.

Stepping up voltage from ≈60ac to ≈120ac shouldn't be a problem ..
Take any mains transformer that has centre-tap or double primary winding, connect 60V ac to 1/2 winding and pick-up 120V from 1/2+1/2 winding (autortransformer) ..

As far as curent transformers are concerned, a typical current transformer is a step-up device (with respect to voltage), which is what is needed to step down the power line current ..
If you need to step-up current you have to convert power (voltage x current) ..
There is no such a thing like transforming currents without voltages ..

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back