Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Ask] Keyboard to Relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsyamsuddin

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I need some guidance to build a project. I want to build a keyboard which connect to relay then the relay will connect to rectenna. Here is my idea, when I press keyboard key (in example: scroll lock or combination from alt+h) it will trigger relay to active, and if I press it back it will be inactive. The function of relay connected to rectenna is, if the relay off the rectenna will consider as on and vice versa.

I wanted to follow a step from this project, but do not know how to use it if only with one relay. I already buy a 5V SPDT Relay and usb keyboard, antenna will be built, and still wonder how to connect both of them.

I only understand how to built antenna by now, so I would be grateful if anyone will help me to build the project.
Thank you.

Why are you using a USB keyboard to control a relay? Is the keyboard connected to anything else, like a computer? If so, let the COMPUTER control the relay, if not, then why don't you use a switch?

Why are you using a USB keyboard to control a relay? Is the keyboard connected to anything else, like a computer? If so, let the COMPUTER control the relay, if not, then why don't you use a switch?

Hello and thank you for the response.

Yes, I would like to connect it or using it along with computer. I'll find some tutorial according your suggestions then. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.