Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Allegro PCB editor importing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Moses

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi mate,..

I have generated the netlist for allegro (5 schematic pages ) using orcad capture. that is, having three dat files.. As a next step, i am tried to import the netlist into allegro PCB editor. It just showing the blank page after importing also. The path i used is file--> import --> logic --> cadence --> import cadence.

Can u please clarify that what may be the problem.. Thank u so much...

Yrs,...

Prince Moses,

Chennai.

Hello,

First you have to draw your board shape (board geometry/outline).

If you don't have any error message during the netlist importation, you can go to place-->manually and then pick your components and place them on your PCB.
There is also automatic method to place component (around the board for example).

Regards,
Franck.

Before you importing in to boardfile set correct library path,Setup ->User preference->Paths->Library ,select path for both pad and psm paths.Then draw outline and import into board file.Then Place->Quick place.If no errors or warnings all components will come inside.

hi sir..

I thank u so much for yr help sir.. i did as u told.. the problem i faced now is that the board outline that i made initially is not sufficient to have all my components(160). Is there any way to edit the size of outline?.. how to do sir??
Thank u so much.

Regards,
KP Moses, Chennai

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

Before you importing in to boardfile set correct library path,Setup ->User preference->Paths->Library ,select path for both pad and psm paths.Then draw outline and import into board file.Then Place->Quick place.If no errors or warnings all components will come inside.

Hi mate...

I thank u so much for ur support by replying to my question.. the problem i am facing now is that the board outline that i made initially is not sufficient to have all my components while placing components(160). Is there any way to reedit the size of outline?.. how to do sir?? how can i predict the size of outline initially???
Thank u so much.

Regards,

Prince, Chennai(kprincemoses@gmail.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back