Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming of 8051 with LCD,Proximity switch and keybord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidhitrivedi

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone....

I am working on my project of making a digital length counter, where i have to interface LCD,keyboard and proximity switch....
The input from the keyboard is to be displayed on the LCD & also given to the microcontroller...

I want to know how should i do the programming in 8051,as one is the LCD interfacing program and the other is keyboard interfacing program.
Merging of the programs is to be needed? or i have to just write the program as it is??

I even don't know how to write the program to interface proximity switch....
The proximity switch m using is of NPN type NO, voltage 5-40VDC,max load 200mA...

Pls help me out with all my queries....

Thankyou..

please tell me that in which language do u wnt to programming?

please post your Lcd and keypad code and your schematic.

please tell me that in which language do u wnt to programming?

Which language according to you is easy? Sorry but i have no idea about what to use... Does it depend on output?

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:25 ----------

sorry but schematic is not ready as on which pin the LCD,sensor and keypad is to be connected is not known to me.... and i have 16 x 2 LCD , keypad is 4 x 3...

actually have u knowledge of basic in programming in C or assembly?
from this answer any1 can give his suggestion 2 u...
and also tell me k have u interfaced LCD and Keypad before?

I have the knowledge of assembly more than c
And no i have not interface LCD and keypad before

ok...
so u can easily go to the assembly...
and first of all u have to learn that hw to interface LCD and keypad with 8051,after u can think about proximity...
so in interfacing of lcd and keypad if u want any help then i can....

I have the knowledge of programming in assembly more than that in c

i have changed my last post...so please check it....

I have the knowledge of programming in assembly more than that in c

so first of all u must have to knowledge of LCD and Keypad interfacing...so try these two and in these if u required any help then i m here...

In my view Nidhitrivedi,

If you know the assembly better to learn embeeded C ....As C is very commonly used language on embeeded platform.....also once u learn C coding for processors ....It more or less same for almost all the devices....in case of assembly one need to study the insturction set if the device is changed....also lot of material for LCD and counter code is avalible on net in C

refer this links -

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/138647/

Good Luck

M sorry i just saw that...

I have gone through Mazidi and learnt about interfacing LCD and Keypad... actually my main project is about digital length counter where i have to take the required length input from the customer, now this input must be displayed on the LCD and also it should be given in the microcontroller for future calculation...

The future calculations are based on the proximity switch(it gives the output in form of pulses). so i want to make such a program that counts the no.of pulses required for the customers required length and then stops the machine as the required length is achieved.

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

Hey thankyou so much... I will surely refer that....

ohk...but to display the length u have to connect LCD with MC so i told to interface that and get full knowledge that hw to interface LCD with MC...so u cn execute ur project easily...

so have u knowledge of LCD interfacing?

Best way is to use interrupt for detecting the prox.. and then internal timer will count the next interrupt from prox..

This will be helpful to you....I think....I dose not understand your requirement / Calculation correctly-

[HELP] c code to count frequency pulses and display on LCD [8051/52] : 8051 Microcontroller Projects AVR PIC Projects Tutorials Ebooks Libraries codes

Good Luck

Actually i m working on a project for a cord manufacturing company and hence for their purpose of use i want to develope a microcontroller based project in which the required length input from the customer is taken and that input must be displayed on the LCD and also it should be given in the microcontroller for future calculation...

The future calculations are based on the proximity switch(it gives the output in form of pulses). so i want to make such a program that counts the no.of pulses required for the customers required length and then stops the machine as the required length is achieved.

Estimates of how many people will not
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.