Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] SMPS Power Inverter with TL494,1404

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's it. Of course. Having capacitor in parallel diminishes the value of ESR.

I thought that would be for another reason. Thank you for the reply.

And what about the transformer?

This circuit uses small size transformers, converting to HV first also improves regulation.
I cant see the diff... reg.. 12v or 230 any way u need to pwm for diff... loads and no output tran or filter has non sine wave.

Dear aamir,

Did you made the transformer by yourself? By the way, could you tell me why do you have 2 big capacitors in the input? Couldn't you use only one?

I notice that in power supplies from PC Desktop there are 2 capacitor too. Why?

two capacitors in series in the input increases the voltage rating.
Like a 220uf 250V capacitor with another 220uf 250V in series will give an effective voltage rating of 500V to the input side
The resultant value of the capacitance will however be 110uF

Wow, that's it. Of course. Having capacitor in parallel diminishes the value of ESR.

I thought that would be for another reason. Thank you for the reply.

And what about the transformer?

From 12VDC (Or 24 vdc, 48vdc) high voltage is produced using an oscillator at high frequency.On high frequency a small tranformer is required and for filteration of DC current small value of capacitor is required. Then this DC is chopped at 50 Hz AC, using a bridge consisting MOSFETs or Power transistors. This way it is light weight and efficient in working.

Hello there guys. Thanks for your replies.

Well, iffe100, now I couldn't get about the transformer. The transformer works at 50Hz? Isn't high frequency?

Last edited:

Hello there guys. Thanks for your replies.

Well, iffe100, now I couldn't get about the transformer. The transformer works at 50Hz? Isn't high frequency?

The ferrite core works at high frequency. Maybe in the range of 20kHz to 100kHz or higher. But, usually, not lower.

For 50Hz conversion, the high frequency high voltage AC is rectified to DC and then converted to AC - without a power transformer - using a full-bridge converter.

So, the ferrite transformer works at high frequency.

Here, you can find the block diagram of an SMPS-based modified sine wave inverter:

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Dear all readers,
Here you'll find modified sine wave inverter's diagram and pcb in Altium Designer file.

Attachments

• 1000w sch.zip
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,444
  • 1000W.zip
    304.9 KB · Views: 1,497
schematic in pdf format.

Attachments

• Schematic Prints.pdf
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,633
schematic in pdf format.

Hi pnjbtr,
Your schematic looks nice, but zener(z1 15v) is it necessary because it will block feed back voltage<15v, R8 does not have much effect because of R2. In the H bridge side Q16,15 and Q18,17 (which is at 300v)cannot be driven with respect to ground as shown in the above schematic for that an isolated supply is required.
regards ani

Dear all readers,
Here you'll find modified sine wave inverter's diagram and pcb in Altium Designer file.
Hi MRahman,
Can you post your 1000w inverter sch and pcb in pdf format so many persons dont have access to altium designer
Thank you
Regards ani

@M Rahman
hello
i dont have Altium Designer so can you please post the schematic and pcb in pdf format
regards

Components are SMD(surface mounted devices).
Try to make an other PCB design.
Schematic in pdf format see post#51.
And for PCB see attached file.

Attachments

• 1000w_pcb.pdf
    494.9 KB · Views: 1,793
And for PCB see attached file.
Hi pnjbtr,
Can you kindly upload the other layer of the pcb also. The blue layer is not clearly visible.
Regards ani

Three Stage Intelligent Battery Charger. Simple & Reliable. SMPS Chartgere.jpg
The Board board-1.jpg
Finished fnshd.jpg

Hi pnjbtr,
why no schematic and pcb 1000w ?

Hello my friend I have a question here for the past Months. I have seen different inverter circuits in the forum but I want to know if the circuit that uses the configuration with the cd4013 and ne556 if they work just as good as using the tl494 configuration .I am trying to put together an inverter but I am using the cd4013 and ne556 config . Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back