Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4558 ic circuit diagram for simple audio amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how you ever want to design electronic circuits if you don't manage to find out the essential data of the components available in your favourite electronics shop? I learned it as a school boy.

As far as I can make out, he's not interested in learning anything, he just likes to build stuff. Different strokes for different folks.

In Europe, I would use the BD139 and BD140 medium power transistors that are packaged in a very old case.
In China, I would use the Oriental transistors.

I wonder how you ever want to design electronic circuits if you don't manage to find out the essential data of the components available in your favourite electronics shop ? I learned it as a school boy.

ok ok ok let me explain first . . well I don't have any favourite electronics shop but i use to manage problems with commonly available devices . . . . . reason ? ? ?

Mostly what i experienced in my carrier that so many times people use to leave even hobbiest projects just due to such some transistors , ICs etc etc like devices which are though very cheap but not vaialable in nearby

If suppose they move for any of the device , then sometime they have to move for diffrent state here or have to contact some people who take advantage by telling a high cost for devices

i suffered a lil.bit from such points above

If i make a group discussion here on such topics then its a vast enough to carry out us from our motive \\\\

My work is to present circuits before poeple or society where they can find in small shops because i observed that basically many dealers here have no idea , they don't have even time to marge brains in such discussions like datasheets company packages . . so . .

as per indian currency i didn't remember but once i designed a circuit cost hardly 25 rupees but i had to pay 200 to collect components . . it was a project by a 6th standard boy , but finally he got first prize

so now i ve to move for compactness as well as cost . . . hope i clear

if still you have any doubt on my work then please ask , it would make me move towards perfection as i am doing for humanity & peace again :) thanks

- - - Updated - - -

In Europe, I would use the BD139 and BD140 medium power transistors that are packaged in a very old case.
In China, I would use the Oriental transistors.

thats it , :) what i want is here , so simple . . thanks once again , let me proceed & need again your bless . .

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I can make out, he's not interested in learning anything, he just likes to build stuff. Different strokes for different folks.

Exactly for now i ve to make my things firstly & then i ll go through all explanations which i got here in so many of my threads , It will be present always here , anytime i can make readings as i am a perfectionist so always try to move with a strong base but some emergency is going on . . please co-operate for sake of humanity n peace again

- - - Updated - - -

If still any one is having any complain or any negative image about me please ask me frankly . . it ll lead me to the perfection . . :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

- - - Updated - - -

Any of these transistor pairs should be good:

NPN / PNP
mje340 / mje350
bd139 / bd140
2sc4793 / 2sa1837
2sc3421 / 2sa1358

thanks sir , i gonna get it all you listed above . . . hoping for the best

It is a different world over there.
I will let people there talk to each other about their problems that we don't have here.

It is a different world over there.
I will let people there talk to each other about their problems that we don't have here.

hmm kk sir . . well i connected pre output of sound card to (+) pin3 of 4558 by means of 10 meg resistor directly & then connected an earplug's one channel with some 10 ohm resistor at output of 4558 i.e. at pin 1

i am getting output with very low sound & if i increase the volume of sound card i get the output with a lil.bit incresed level but too very much distorted

too humming sound is going on continously . . may be its due to bread board i am using . . don't know

you know all about the problem

I do not see a schematic of your earphones power amplifier.
Why did you use an input resistor value that is much too high?
Why did you connect 10 ohms in series with a low resistance earphone to the output of an opamp that cannot drive them without booster transistors?
I do not know how much negative feedback you used.
I do not know if you used a dual polarity power supply.

The rows of contacts and the many connecting wires on a breadboard are antennas that pickup mains hum that is all around you in the air. An unshielded input cable is also a mains hum antenna.

I do not see a schematic of your earphones power amplifier.
Why did you use an input resistor value that is much too high?
Why did you connect 10 ohms in series with a low resistance earphone to the output of an opamp that cannot drive them without booster transistors?
I do not know how much negative feedback you used.
I do not know if you used a dual polarity power supply.

The rows of contacts and the many connecting wires on a breadboard are antennas that pickup mains hum that is all around you in the air. An unshielded input cable is also a mains hum antenna.

ya exactly its all going on like well as you said about humm

this one is sensing my palm & creates distortion . . well coming to main part i didn't apply any feedback , didn't connect any transistor at output . . all those things i left , please tell how to connect feedback ? should i connect output to pin3 (+) ?

Now what is dual polarity power supply & how to apply here ? why we need ? please explain
i am just applying +ve at pin7 & -ve at pin4 & rest nothing , just i explained what i connect & its nothing much

secondly i connect 10 meg high resistor at input because with lower values either it creates complete distortion or creates no sound

this one is sensing my palm & creates distortion . . well coming to main part i didn't apply any feedback , didn't connect any transistor at output . . all those things i left , please tell how to connect feedback ? should i connect output to pin3 (+) ?
It seems that you know NOTHING about electronics.
You found and posted a pretty good amplifier but did not make it. Instead you made a mess with Everything Wrong.

Now what is dual polarity power supply & how to apply here ? why we need ? please explain
i am just applying +ve at pin7 & -ve at pin4 & rest nothing , just i explained what i connect & its nothing much

secondly i connect 10 meg high resistor at input because with lower values either it creates complete distortion or creates no sound
There are thousands of instructions about opamps on the internet.
Manufacturer's detailed datasheets are also found on the internet.
The datasheet for the RC4558 dual opamp and for many other dual opamps shows a typical voltage gain of 300,000. Negative feedback is added with two resistors to reduce the gain to about 30. Then the distortion is also reduced a lot.

You can try this circuit. It's almost the same as the one you showed. I just made two important changes:
1) It doesn't need a bipolar supply. You can use a 9V battery.
2) You can use BC547 and BC557 transistors safely. They won't get damaged.

It seems that you know NOTHING about electronics.
You found and posted a pretty good amplifier but did not make it. Instead you made a mess with Everything Wrong.

The datasheet for the RC4558 dual opamp and for many other dual opamps shows a typical voltage gain of 300,000. Negative feedback is added with two resistors to reduce the gain to about 30. Then the distortion is also reduced a lot.

ya don't know much thats true & only you people can guide me well ,

i ve idea to manage but don't know how to proceed & expert people don't like to merge their brains as i already told so i ve to make things

basically i use to recycle things & made several items in the way that so many small companies are ready to but my ideas but thats all i ve to make my patent & without a strong base i don't want to proceed

And here you people can do it well

Problem is , here lectures seminars studies are all just for a certificates not for any intrest . .
They wonder on my small gadgets but never try to do it with itself rather they misguide people with bad ideas :(

this forum & you people are like god of light to me in such a dark world . .

- - - Updated - - -

You can try this circuit. It's almost the same as the one you showed. I just made two important changes:
1) It doesn't need a bipolar supply. You can use a 9V battery.
2) You can use BC547 and BC557 transistors safely. They won't get damaged.

yessssss sir thats what i want & now i can say that all the conponents are with me now or all are easily available in nearby shops everywhere , just i ll ve to make it first . . thanks :) need all your blessings

- - - Updated - - -

The datasheet for the RC4558 dual opamp and for many other dual opamps shows a typical voltage gain of 300,000. Negative feedback is added with two resistors to reduce the gain to about 30. Then the distortion is also reduced a lot.[/QUOTE]

hmm ya i its given here , exactly i ve to move like that . . .

all the conponents are with me now or all are easily available in nearby shops
The capacitor values are not critical. C1, C2 and C3 can be up to 5 times smaller, so:
C1: 220uF to 1000uF
C2: 0.47uF to 2.2uF
C3: 220nF to 1uF
You can use even smaller values, but there will be a bit less deep bass.

C4 and R5, near the input are not critical either. You can make C4 much smaller, or even leave out both parts altogether.

The value of C5, across the power supply is not critical either. A big value like 1000uF will help when the battery starts going flat, but aside from that you can use a much smaller cap - even 100nF is OK.

Maybe you already have all the parts you need to try the circuit.

The capacitor values are not critical. C1, C2 and C3 can be up to 5 times smaller, so:
C1: 220uF to 1000uF
C2: 0.47uF to 2.2uF
C3: 220nF to 1uF
You can use even smaller values, but there will be a bit less deep bass.

C4 and R5, near the input are not critical either. You can make C4 much smaller, or even leave out both parts altogether.

The value of C5, across the power supply is not critical either. A big value like 1000uF will help when the battery starts going flat, but aside from that you can use a much smaller cap - even 100nF is OK.

Maybe you already have all the parts you need to try the circuit.

ya ya sure all parts are here with me already , just i am doing it & ll try too with diffrent values as per your last explanations . . . let see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back