Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Amplifier GPRS Module sim900

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikr09

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

I need to amplify the RF signal of my telecommunications MODULE SIM900. My main problem is that it should be bidirectional, and the frequency range is about 500-2000MHz; and i have been looking for it but i goit not any solution.

I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME.

Thanks!

You would amplify incoming signal or transmitted signal ??

You would amplify incoming signal or transmitted signal ??

Both at the same time, i just need like a "Black Box" with a SMA input - SMA Output and DC connection, no more. :-?

Both at the same time, i just need like a "Black Box" with a SMA input - SMA Output and DC connection, no more. :-?
There is no such "blackbox" that amplifies the receiving and transmitting signals simultaneously between 500MHz-2GHz to my knowledge.You should make this module by using proper components.
If you would, you can find many components ( LNA,PA,Switch etc.) to implement this module.

There is no such "blackbox" that amplifies the receiving and transmitting signals simultaneously between 500MHz-2GHz to my knowledge.You should make this module by using proper components.
If you would, you can find many components ( LNA,PA,Switch etc.) to implement this module.
Thats I just has begun to do. Can you give me some idea like a block diagram with the parts which i have to take into account.

Thats I just has begun to do. Can you give me some idea like a block diagram with the parts which i have to take into account.

There are many components that amplify small signals and power signals in this band, no doubt.RFMD, Skyworks, MACOM, etc etc.. many suppliers have a large portfolio for LNAs and PAs.You will also need RF switch to commutate the antenna RX and TX mode. For switches Peregrine Semiconductors is the best one but the other manufacturers have low cost switches too.
All you need to implement these component on a PCB with of course matching circuits, filters -if applicable- and surely power supply circuit(s). In order to implement such a TX/RX module, you can find very useful information on the internet.If you wait, I can propose a simple block diagram but you'd better to design your system by yourself for learning something.

There are many components that amplify small signals and power signals in this band, no doubt.RFMD, Skyworks, MACOM, etc etc.. many suppliers have a large portfolio for LNAs and PAs.You will also need RF switch to commutate the antenna RX and TX mode. For switches Peregrine Semiconductors is the best one but the other manufacturers have low cost switches too.
All you need to implement these component on a PCB with of course matching circuits, filters -if applicable- and surely power supply circuit(s). In order to implement such a TX/RX module, you can find very useful information on the internet.If you wait, I can propose a simple block diagram but you'd better to design your system by yourself for learning something.

Off course i am woring on that but more ideas are better ... I ll be waiting for your block diagram. Thanks!!!

SIM900 it is a GSM module for 800/900/1800/1900 MHz bands, so it will not work on other frequencies.
**broken link removed**

GSM its a half-duplex TDMA system, with RX and TX on different frequencies AND times. To boost both signals designing the amplifiers to meets all the GSM network regulations, is a challenge.

Here you can find an idea of a block diagram for a system like this. The timing of switching between RX and TX is very important in a GSM system.
http://www.qsl.net/n9zia/wireless/pdf/hyp-1.pdf

SIM900 it is a GSM module for 800/900/1800/1900 MHz bands, so it will not work on other frequencies.
**broken link removed**

GSM its a half-duplex TDMA system, with RX and TX on different frequencies AND times. To boost both signals designing the amplifiers to meets all the GSM network regulations, is a challenge.

Here you can find an idea of a block diagram for a system like this. The timing of switching between RX and TX is very important in a GSM system.
http://www.qsl.net/n9zia/wireless/pdf/hyp-1.pdf

Exellent data... I thought it was full duplex system.... I hve many information and with all these received form you, i will work with my partners and i will be notifying you. Thanks at all!

Best regards,

Ricardo R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back