Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Application of sine wave oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

RITESH KAKKAR

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
What is application of sine wave oscillator?
now days SPWM is used..

For designing and measuring an audio amplifier I use a sinewave to measure its output power at clipping and its distortion.
A sinewave has a defined peak to RMS relationship (peak V= 1.414 times RMS V) and has no harmonics.
SPWM has switching artifacts that must be filtered out with a very good filter or the PWM switching frequency must be very high.

A "pure sinewave inverter" and a class-D audio amplifier use SPWM so they do not waste a lot of battery power making heat like linear amplifiers would.

Generating SPWM also requires a sine wave oscillator, either analog or digital.

So you already have an application.

Generating SPWM also requires a sine wave oscillator, either analog or digital.

So you already have an application.
I mean micro controller can generate with look up tables ..

Phase accumulator + look-up table = digital sine wave oscillator

i am coming back to analog to make it strong..............
it is very important.

**broken link removed**
ok, how it work there are many oscillator wein col pit etc which is best for professional?

Hi,

ok, how it work there are many oscillator wein col pit etc which is best for professional?

please learn how to ask specific, meaningfull questions.

You may change the underlinded expression with about almost any other thing, but rarely it is meaningfull.
Try it:
...there are many vehicles which is best for professional?
...there are many colors which is best for professional?

Klaus

please learn how to ask specific, meaningful questions.
hi,
ok, please tell which oscillator and how to design oscillator for sin wave??

Hi,

* for what application?
* What frequency.. or if adjustable: What frequency range?
* What frequency stability over time and temperature?
* What amplitude?
* What amplitude stability over time and temperature?
* What distortion?
* What output current?
* How much board space?
* What price limit?
* What power supply is available?
...and so on......

All these parameters influence the development of a sine generator. Wich design to choose.... and how (on what parameter) to optimize the circuit.

Designing a sine oscillator may be easy, if the requirements are low... but it may be challenging if one or more specifications are near the possible limit.

And like with about everything: There is not a "single best solution".

I designed:
* a three phase sine generator to run a brushless motor: Several hundreds of watts. Frequency adjustable with a microcontroller in a large range from aboutzero speed to full speed. Shape not that important.
* a single fixed 50Hz sine generator to run a 230V AC clock. Frequency stability: very important. A couple of watts. Waveform not that important.
* a single phase sine generator to be synchronized to mains frequency. Precisely adjustable in a frequency range of 49.5Hz to 50.5Hz.
* a 1MHz sine clock (digitally generated) for a precision capacitance meter for medical ultrasound sensors.. low overtones, with additional digital signal generation: 4 x 90° deviated logic signals..
.... and a lot more

all completely different apllications with different requirements..

...sometimes a bicycle is a good vehicle, sometimes a car, sometimes a bus, sometimes a train....

Klaus

Hi,

* for what application?
* What frequency.. or if adjustable: What frequency range?
* What frequency stability over time and temperature?
* What amplitude?
* What amplitude stability over time and temperature?
* What distortion?
* What output current?
* How much board space?
* What price limit?
* What power supply is available?
...and so on......

Hi,
i have never build i ma trying to learn it.
so, with low frequency 50Hz and few mA current only

For a 50Hz low current sinewave oscillator simply learn about Wien bridge, Phase Shift and a few others using an opamp with a Jfet controlling the amplitude.
Here is an applications note from Texas Instruments:

Attachments

• sine-wave oscillators TI.pdf
    253.8 KB · Views: 170

For a Better learning purpose make all type of ones .. and understand the difference

For a Better learning purpose make all type of ones .. and understand the difference

Hello,
Have you tried all?

- - - Updated - - -

For a 50Hz low current sinewave oscillator simply learn about Wien bridge, Phase Shift and a few others using an opamp with a Jfet controlling the amplitude.

How to find transfer function of opamp

how to find transfer function ?
can you teach me??

Last edited by a moderator:

Sinewave oscillators have been some of the earliest test instruments ever designed.
The famous Hewlett-Packard company was actually founded with the sale of sinewave oscillators to Walt disney.

Traditionally, in the early part of the 20th century, they were used to test the frequency response and distortion of audio amplifiers and radios.
As such, primary importance parameters were wide tune-ability and low noise and distortion.

but this ups does not use Sin wave oscillator all DSP how?
Please learn how to find things in Google.
I entered into Google: Digital Sinewave Circuit then I found many circuits that make a PWM sinewave or a sinewave made with many steps. Then a simple filter smooths them into a pure sinewave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back