Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MTBF date for FPGA devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartart

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mtbf fpga

Hello!

Does anyone know where to find this datas!

I don't need the Metastability MTBF but failure MTBF.

Thanks, Bart

fpga mtbf

I want to know the figure too.
But do you have the MTBF calculation tool?

and I also wonder, does the MTBF will be function of the used gatecount?

mtbf for fpga

do you have some others MTBF data (for whatever chip)
or do you know from where i can get it

Did you get some data how to calculate MTBF ?

Please share it with me

regards
Sakshi

I am not a reliability expert, but you should start asking the manufacturer as hakeen says, and if after adding up the failure rate of your components you have problems in reaching your required MTBF for the board, you shoul start lookin at the percentage of resources used, temperature derating, etc...

I want a document of MTBF for clock domain crossing analysis ?

MTBF calculation tool : **broken link removed**

reliability: need to ask you FPGA vendor if they have reliability data for their devices. with some luck you will get there..

"I want a document of MTBF for clock domain crossing analysis ? "

You are mixing concepts. Maybe you are talking about metastability? This has nothing to do with reliability.

As for lucbra recomendation, MIL-HBK-217 will give you a very pesimistic number. I do not know the details but there are other references which are well accepted by the worlwide realibility experts. I will try to find the info and get back

I am not a reliability expert...
But expert enough to qualify MIL-HBK as very pessimistic?
At least it'll give you a very good guidance on a lot of today's electronics world ...
and it's accepted throughout the world

I mean how we will calculate whether double Flop synchroniser or multiflop synchroniser wil be required to resolve all metastability issues in case of single bit crossings ?

"I want a document of MTBF for clock domain crossing analysis ? "

You are mixing concepts. Maybe you are talking about metastability? This has nothing to do with reliability.

As for lucbra recomendation, MIL-HBK-217 will give you a very pesimistic number. I do not know the details but there are other references which are well accepted by the worlwide realibility experts. I will try to find the info and get back

Did you get some good document how to calculate MTBF for clock domain crossing ?

Like we said before: clock domain crossing is one thing (and not related to MTBF, MTTF, MTTR, or whatever has to do with reliability).
Process technology, gate count, voltage stress, ... are things that relate to MTBF.

If you don't understand these concepts, stay away from MTBF calculations.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.