Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Silicon diode instead of germanium diode 1N34?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Storing 8 volts" is meaningless. How much POWER are you getting? Most people realise that you cannot extract more power from the airwaves than actually exists. A few people seem to refuse to believe that but obviously never prove otherwise.

This is a forum for engineering and physics, not idiots and con artists.

Keith

any voltage can be amplified. come on. who is scaming any one. you can go to radio shack and buy five dollars worth of part to get started. Most note worthy inventers were called crazy in there day and were abandoned by there peers just because the brought something new to the table the didnt fit the puzzle. yeah if you believe in the online pages that try to sell you the stuff, the your stupid. Buth the patents are all there for you to see for free. i tell you what i know a guy right now who is pulling a i 125 volts and is currently working on uping to current. just look on youtube free energy from air circuit. some people just refuse to beleive there can be a another way to acheive the goal of obtaining electricity. as for you calling me a idiot. later ill be the one saying " i did it"!! lol lol . i got better thing to do then read you bs about how it catn be done. thanks though.

No-one ever has demonstrated what you claim you can achieve. They are plenty of scams out there trying to take the money off people who don't know any better by offering to sell them the book/DVD about how you can get all this free electricity. That is why it is a scam. NO-ONE has come back and said how many kW they are pulling out of the atmosphere. There is a good reason for that - they don't get any useable power. They have been conned and don't want to admit it.

Good luck though. Be sure to come back and tell us how much power you are extracting from the atmosphere when you have succeeded!

Keith

---------- Post added at 09:26 ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 ----------

Just to add - "any voltage can be amplified...". True, but to amplify a voltage you need another power source unless you simple use a transformer in which case you gain voltage at the expense of current. So, start off with 1V and 1mA and use a transformer to get 100V at 10uA - you have gained nothing. Use an amplifier and you can have 100V at 1A or whatever you like but all that power, and more, will be coming from the power source powering your amplifier - most likely your mains supply. You have gained nothing.

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
++Kieth! you tell em idiots. They should stay on their overunity forum an amuse themselves there. Clearly chrisgky doesn't
even understand what he is even writing.
Have too much respect for the collection of intelligence on this forum to allow people to get away with talking rubbish lest other readers come along and think there is something in it.

The thing that annoys me is that people come one here to ask for advice, which is fine, but when they don't get the answers they want to hear - that there is some 'magical, free power source out there for the taking' - they ignore the advice. Then it becomes an oil company conspiracy and people like me are accused of trying to kill legitimate ideas. However, these ideas have never been proved to be legitimate and are promoted by crooks and conmen. I try to stop people wasting their money on useless material but they ignore it. If you look at post 27, jackson246 has bought one of these books full of 'secrets'. He has never posted since. It is a shame that he has also been conned and lost money because of it.

If is fine if people want to do some experimentation to prove some theory. So, the theory is that there is not much power to be harvested but the bigger your aerial the more you will get. So, you can build a circuit, do some power measurements, experiment with antennae and derive your own experimental results to confirm the theory. That is a good thing to do if you don't understand the theory, but it is not a good idea to try to discredit the people who DO understand the theory and don't need to carry out the experiment to know what the results are likely to be. I know there is SOME energy out there because it used to allow me to listen to radio stations with some high impedance ex-army headphones 40 years ago with no power source.

If there was some way of getting free electricity from the atmosphere in a usable quantity then I would have built one years ago!

Keith

Germanium diodes a far far more sensative than any other diode with low stray capacitance they are perfect for radio wave reception mostly they are used with an ferrite rod antenna( a coil wrapped on a paper and the rod inserted inside).
type in google
":cool:ferrite antenna"

Germanium diodes a far far more sensitive than any other diode.
Are they? I have assumed up to now, that schottky diodes are superior in all parameters.

And how is a diode 'sensitive'?

Yes, Germanium has a lower Vf than Silicon but as FvM points out Schottky devices can equal or out-perform Ge most of the time.

This doesn't solve the misconception that there is enough energy out in the ether to harvest whatever kind of diode is used though!
I have *just* managed to light an LED very dimly with power harvested from my 40 metre long antenna but it took several impedance matching stages and tuned circuits. It was tuned to my local radio station pumping out 10KW about 5Km away.

I could have bought a cheap AAA cell from the local market and got thousands of times more power!

Brian.

Or more simply you may use some lemons and two nails… :-D

Re: Silicon diode nstead of germanium diode 1N34?

I remember a story when I was a kid about someone who lived near an AM transmitter and ran an aerial in parallel with the transmitter aerial and got some usable power, but that may just have been a story.
Keith.

On a visit to New Zealand in 1958, I visited an a.m. broadcast station. One of the engineers there told me that at one station where he had worked the open wire aerial feeder passed through insulators in the roof. Around the edge of the roof the water guttering and downpipes were metal. He said that it was possible to hold a spanner, in contact with the earth, advance the other end towards the end of a drainpipe until an arc was drawn and hear the modulation. True or not? I don't know, but I love the story.

Sounds trustworthy. An AM station which is blowing several 100 kW up to one MW into the air will always cause strong fields in the vicinity and give the opportunity to harvest some "free energy". A plasma speaker is known to work fine.

Many years ago I did a similar trick. I walked around a village show carrying a flourescent tube light and amazed people by flashing it on and off while carrying it outside in the farmers field. What I didn't tell them was the local ham radio club were sending Morse code and the antenna wire was stretched overhead!

Brian.

Reactions: KerimF

KerimF

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Many years ago I did a similar trick. I walked around a village show carrying a flourescent tube light and amazed people by flashing it on and off while carrying it outside in the farmers field. What I didn't tell them was the local ham radio club were sending Morse code and the antenna wire was stretched overhead!
Brian.

Ah yes, I believe they did that in the Falklands, in VPC's antenna farm. Before my time there, so I didn't see it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.