Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Silicon diode instead of germanium diode 1N34?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Silicon diode nstead of germanium diode 1N34?

Be encouraged.

Do not allow your interest to be "Buzz-killed". Here is why:

if a current or voltages can be found to exist them they can be AMPLIFIED for a useful purpose.

If principles are sound then it follows that the same principle that support convention (that on which every one agrees) will support the UN-conventional (that on which every one does not agree).

This Idea that power can be obtained and used in no way the conventional thinking. However, the fact that it is stated that a measurable instance is found by the configuration, further science and support from conventional thinking leads to the conclusion that it IS possible to achieve the ends you are BUZZED about:-D

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

Be encouraged.

Do not allow your interest to be "Buzz-killed". Here is why:

if a current or voltages can be found to exist them they can be AMPLIFIED for a useful purpose.

If principles are sound then it follows that the same principle that support convention (that on which every one agrees) will support the UN-conventional (that on which every one does not agree).

This Idea that power can be obtained and used in no way the conventional thinking. However, the fact that it is stated that a measurable instance is found by the configuration, further science and support from conventional thinking leads to the conclusion that it IS possible to achieve the ends you are BUZZED about

Err yes - have you heard of radio? The rest of what you say is complete rubbish.

Keith.

Which part or all… of the term convention? Or the point of using measurable instances of charge? Or using more science to establish what the basic principle supports?

It is most interesting that the same type of "discouragement" was said to the man who's interest it was to bring induction motors into existence, by his very learned professor.

Very Interesting, indeed!

Last edited:

You may right, but if Nikola Tesla listened to everyone that said it can`t be done, he would not have invented half
the things he did.

If you believe all this cr@p then go right ahead and waste your time and money. If you want to believe someone who claims to defy the laws of physics then why did you ask for an opinion on here? Or maybe you would like to try to make sense of the jibberish of Maco - after all he joined the forum a few hours ago just to join in this thread.

Keith.

Which silicon diode can be used instead of germanium diode 1N34?
i can't find germanuim diode???? but silicon diodes are availble plz do tell me what should i do............

What length antenna are you using? And have you tried experimenting with different lengths to cover different frequency ranges?

I could not get my project working due to lack of information, so I have brought the the book which gives more detail
on the larger model which I can understand and one worth building. I covers 12 chapters of making electricity to saving it.

Does this seem familiar? **broken link removed**

Keith.

which silicon diode can i use germasium 1n34 diode is not in market.

actualy its my project to convert radio waves to electricity so my basic circuit has these things:

MATERIAL:
1. Four Germanium Diodes (1N34).
2. Two 100µF 50V electrolytic capacitors.
3. Tw0 0.2µF 50V ceramic capacitors.
but i cant find diodes so which diode should i use???

Added after 7 minutes:

and one more Question which material is best for recieving radio waves from air which should i use?

Re: which silicon diode can i use germasium 1n34 diode is not in market.

You may like to try 1N4148, because this depends on the circuit.

Added:
Or one may try searching for a germanium transistor and use its diode junction.

salmaN

which silicon diode can i use germasium 1n34 diode is not in market
Notice the suggestions made in this thread.

keith1200rs,. I seem to remember that a farmer used a very long wire to harvest power from the BBC's long wave transmitter at Droitwich in the 60s. He was prosecuted for his troubles with stealing said power. Unless you are in such a lucky position its all a complete waste of electronic components and time.
Frank

That is probably the same case I mentioned in my post of 18th March. However, I have been ignoring this thread because any mention of the laws of physics or common sense seems to be ignored!

Keith

I was looking for the germanium 1n34 diodes as well. I bought that Tesla secret as well and I used 1n34a diodes instead because I couldn't find the 1n34 diodes. The project does work. it's supposed to require a long copper antenna placed outside in an open area so as to receive as many radio waves as possible. it is also supposed to be grounded by a copper wire going at least a foot and a half deep into the ground. I live in the city and as such am not able to do the project as proposed, but i did make it and what I used was a very short antenna ( only 6 inches ) and I simply grounded it to a household receptacle. It immediately started putting out up to 4.5 volts I don't know if it would get more voltage if it were outside but I would like to know how you could amplify the voltage. Got any ideas?

How much power are you getting? Without current the voltage is useless.

Keith

undoubtedly Nikola Tesla was a genius, but they make mistakes too, and pride disallows them seeing the error.
Nikola in driving his radiant power experiments was the biggest consumer of electricity from the local power station.
Its said that he even damaged the power station and had to pay for repairs - THATS not FREE energy !!!
That said however, I am attempting to use Tesla concept of tuned power transfer - need to transfer power into a
sealed enclosure and no wires, 10cm distance is all I really need....

comment on the "video proof of concept" on that web site - Oh my how many people got sucked in. You know any reasonable
piece of wire as an antennae in the home will find a few volts induced on it just from the household AC wiring you have
all around. So they are using a little bit of truth, ie receiving volts on a wire to sucker in for the big one, and $47.
If one didn't know any better, you can see how they got suckered in, and for $47 too embarrassed to ask for a refund - why thats
even more stupid of them IMHO.

Last edited:

i have buit a small circuit wich is storing up to 8volts at this time. i believe the only reason these invention never made into the spotlight in the past is where would that leave the oil industry. i belive todays circuit are said to be more efficient but i think some of the early components were more productive in producing the radiant energy. also the energy being produce in the form a wave that oscillates. check out T. henry moray, john bedeni. If anything you should forget your understanding of todays electricity and open your mind to the possibilitys that can be made here.

"Storing 8 volts" is meaningless. How much POWER are you getting? Most people realise that you cannot extract more power from the airwaves than actually exists. A few people seem to refuse to believe that but obviously never prove otherwise.

This is a forum for engineering and physics, not idiots and con artists.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.