Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the purpose of reed switches in the pressure switch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baileychic

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the purpose of reed switches in the pressure switch ?

I am reverse engineering this pressure switch. It has two reed switches. I want to know how the reed switches operate. I know reed switches are operated with magnets housed in mechanical assembly. I want to know which reed switch sends what signal to the microcontroller.

I have to design exact product but a pressure switch has not been provided to me for reverse engineering.

**broken link removed**

You are trying to develop a product by stealing someone else's design, and you want us to help you?

Funniest post of the day.

I am not reverse engineering for myself. A client has requested me to reverse engineer the product and make exact same product. Anyway, the client is sending the product to me in 2 days and so the reverse engineering will be easier. Just I have to trace the circuit on the PCB and draw it.

hello,

Are you sure that purpose is to control pressure ..
i think it is to control Low and High level of water
inside a Tube passing in the central Hole of the PCB
A magnet will act on reed switch to start the pump when Low level detetected , and stop it when reaching High level
it is only supposition ...

be carrefull, reverse engineeringcould be prohibed !!!

It is Pressure switch only and not water level controller.

**broken link removed**

I didn't copy the original circuit. I made my own circuit which is more simpler.

Curiously none of the quoted links is showing the mechanical part measuring the pressure. Doesn't it involve magnets operating the read switches?

@FvM

Yes magnets are used to operate the reed switches.

Here is the video. 24V relay. Capacitive power supply. CD4093 logic chip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LI0pEqpi9g

I had made my own circuit but client requested that I make exact circuit as original and so he sent me one pressure switch to reverse engineer. Now, the reverse engineering is almost done. Just have to desolder the logic chip and have to check any hidden tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.