Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which is the best software for PCB design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxtigerxx

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
best pcb design software

I am new in PCB design.

I worked with pulsonix, eagle & ultiboard.

i think the best is pulsonix

:p

best pcb software

well i have used protel and or CAD for me both are good with there own plus points and features.

Reactions: walcen

walcen

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
best pcb layout software

ORCAD is the best!.
Here are one board designed in OrCad:

best pcb program

hi electronicus

nice pcb but i worked spice in orcad.

the enviroment is not friendly?

best pcb design

The Spice, in Orcad is very good. But is not easy :|

best pcb designer

i am not only speaking about the spice compenet
but also the schematic is not friendly

if you had use pulosnix 3.X you will see the difference

Orcad is like windows 95 or windows 3.11.
the style of program is old..

:p

the best pcb software

The best PCB Layout tool is PowerPCB is very good

top pcb design software

prefer PCAD2002 then cadence tool

the best pcb design software

i think it'a Allegro of Cadence

best pcb layout program

moihocpic said:
i think it'a Allegro of Cadence

kewl..but not that friendly..

best software for pcb design

The best layout program.....if I had a penny everytime I've heard this question. I've been doing layout for over 15 years now. The other poster had the right idea about schematic capture. You want the schematic to work well with the layout package. There is no doubt there are going to be changes in your design that you will want to make during or after your layout. Another thing to consider for layout is complexity. Are you doing thru hole, surface mount, mixed? Simple decals or will you be doing 256 pin BGA's? The real answer to your question is.....the best layout package is the one you decide to use. You will learn everything there is about it. Bugs, shortcuts, etc. I've used many and at the time I used them, well I thought they were the best package out there. After using some I can look back and see things I liked more from one to another. But the bottom line is that there is no package that has it all. Personally I used PadsPcb right now. Have been for 7 years. Before that it was PCAD, Eagle, and some that aren't even around anymore. (I'm aging myself so I'll stop there) Hope this helps a little.

Rick DeMorrow

best pcb cad software

Well my experience says that Orcad Package is easy to learn & use. Its quite user friendly with almost all features required for complex circuits. I made a layout having 38 DIP ICs with only single layer & kept jumpers count minimum.

Now I have decided to migrate to Electronics Workbench Package due to its very attractive features, not to mention having all advantages of Orcad.

Complexity wise I think Cadstar from Zuken is the best for very complex designs. I worked in ISRO, India as a trainee for 6 months and used Cadstar for designs having FPGA & all such stuff with 4 layers board. But Cadstar has problems of not easily available and hard to learn.

bigaussie

pcb software best

How about Eagle?
can any one give me comment?

best pcb layout

I think you should yous Altium Designer it is very good :d you can find it by emule :D

best pcb routing software

Actually it depends on the requirements. First of look at your needs and then can find a suitable package.

what is the best pcb design software

Power PCB(now PADS)......

best pcb design program

Simple answer: there isn't "the best" PCB package. I've worked with Orcad, Tango (both since DOS mode was available only) Protel, Eagle, Pads and I didn't found any one of these which could be cleary defined better than other.
Pads is relatively good for high density board (2000 to 6000 connections, more than 1500 vias, more than 6 layers), Eagle is perfect for small designs on two or four layers but definitely without BGA. Orcad is the best for editing schematics but not for PCB routing.
And so on.

best pcb layout tool

For past 2 years I’m using Allegro PCB Design (Cadence), I think this software is the best for package and PCB design. Last but no list this is only my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back