Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] how to set ground plane dimension in ie3d

Status
Not open for further replies.

sameerccs11

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
can anybody tell me how can i set dimension for ground plane in ie3d. i have to design a probe feed microstrip antenna and i have to work on some papers in which they have given me the dimension for ground plane but i dont know how to set the dimension for ground plane in ie3d. please please somebody tell me step by step procedure.
i will be very thankfull to you.

regards
sameer

Last edited:

jst select layer corresponding to ground plane and then in that layer draw rectangle with required dimensions....dat shld do

you must be having different substrate layers...select the bottom layer after you finish your structure and connections.....draw a rectangle in the bottom layer with desired dimensions such that it contains the struct....then give the dimensions......

you must be having different substrate layers...select the bottom layer after you finish your structure and connections.....draw a rectangle in the bottom layer with desired dimensions such that it contains the struct....then give the dimensions......

i tell you how i do to select the ground plane
step 1st i select the new file then i give the value of relative permittivity, thickness, and loss tangent in (add substrate layer 1 by thickness) then "ok"

secone step - then i click to "finite dielectric types" after that "convert from infinite substrate" then another small window appears in which i have to enter the value of "x" and y" cordinates then " ok"

is this the procedure to select the ground plane or not

regards sameer

i dont think dats d process....as far as i know...in IE3D finite ground plane is only possible by setting real part of conductivity of 0 layer to 0 and den d process i mentioned before....

regards

i dont think dats d process....as far as i know...in IE3D finite ground plane is only possible by setting real part of conductivity of 0 layer to 0 and den d process i mentioned before....

regards

hello
can you do me a favour please,
i m telling you the parameters of my paper, could you please make the structure in ur ie3d and then can you please send me the ".geo" file
(no need to simulate) because i think i m not getting the option for entering the dimesion of ground plane bcoz i m using pirated ie3d.
i have followed your step but...
by seeing your structure i can try to understand
these are my parameters
all dimensions in mm
Er=2.22
tangent loss=0.0009
h=6.985
GROUND PLANE DIMENSION = 61.2 x 61.2
W=49.27
L=32.85
radiius of probe = 0.635

probe feed

x= 10.95
y=16.42

if u can send me the structure for these parameters, i will be very thankful to you

regards
sameer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back