Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LVDS line to drive single ended controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

mw_rookie

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to use a pair of LVDS line to drive a single ended control line. The control line is used just to enable/disable an IC.
Enable is when driven above 2V, ideally 3.3 V.

I understand that LVDS has a current output and also needs a DC termination in this case. I was thinking of parallel termination and have come up with the scheme in the picture. Will this work?

View attachment Temp.png

Thank you for reading.

Hi,

I don't think that LVDS gives reliable voltage levels to drive LVCMOS.
--> use a single LVDS to LVCMOS receiver. It's just a SOT23-6 package. (If I remember right)

Klaus

Hi,

I don't think that LVDS gives reliable voltage levels to drive LVCMOS.
--> use a single LVDS to LVCMOS receiver. It's just a SOT23-6 package. (If I remember right)

Klaus

@KlausST: Thanks for the reply.

I do not fully understand your answer. I believe the reliability of the LVDS lines is limited when the voltages are between + 100 mV (w.r.t. the offset). Is this the same problem that you refer to in your answer. Or do you refer to any other issue?

I am looking at ICs too. But wanted to implement with a ckt. if possible.

Thanks again.

Either use proper LVDS to CMOS conversion - or remove all terminations and probably get sufficient CMOS swing, but also loose LVDS speed.

Hi,

I do not fully understand your answer.
You need to look at the input threshold specification of what you call "single ended DIO".
There is a specification for valid low levels (VIL)
and there is a specification for valid high levels (VIH)

I doubt your LVDS driver is able to satisfy this specifiaction.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back