Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to improve the range of my IR transmitter built with HT12A

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahib

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have made an IR transmitter with the help of HT12A and there is a decoder HT12D with a TSOP1738.Its range of working is only 1 ft i want to make it working like a TV remote which can work from a distance of 10m and they have decent directional angle also.
I have worked on HT12E/HT12D it was much better and reliable.But I want to give my transmitter a remote feel that's why i shifted to HT12A for IR.But its range is a big problem.Please help

92_1331010661.png

Increase the TX IR LED current. (reduce R1 to 50 ohm, but first check the max. load current of the LED)

increasing the LED current will increase the rate of intensity but it will affect the LED performance ....
u should use the circuit like this 11.gif

it is the best for your objective for both circuit safety and range.

will it work for diverse directivity also.Apart from that do any one know how the TV remotes have such a good range

What TX IR Led you using ?

Use TSAL6400 5mm this led can go 100mA or 200mA in peak, I get with this led about 7m rc distance.

What power source you using, I mean what battery ?

With 330R resistor of IR LED :
@5V you have 15mA for IR LED
@3V you have 9mA for IR LED

Decrese this resistor to value 100R and try, this will give 50mA @5V or 30R @3V to IR LED if battery allows. :)

Check battery or replace it.

You can use TSAL4400 3mm also.

Attachments

• TSAL4400.pdf
    146.5 KB · Views: 112
  • TSAL6400.pdf
    147.1 KB · Views: 101

Status
Not open for further replies.