Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need logic gate circuit for a timing diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

ella1923

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, i'd like to ask some help on how to implement the attached timing diagram into logic gate circuit. thanks a lot.

Attachments

• timing diagram.png
    timing diagram.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 118

Hi... The idea is very simple... We need to have a mod 5 counter...
As you can see the middle bit has a period of 5 times the system clock... It is high for two clock cycles and low for three clock cycles. This is 'Y'.
To get 'A', I have connected 'Y' and system clock to an AND gate.. When 'Y' is high...The output will be the same as system clock....(you get two cycles).
To get 'B', I have connected 'Ycomplement' and system clock to another AND gate.. The output is 'B'... The output is same as system clock when the Y is low(you get three clock cycles)... And voila...

It really depends on whether all those signals are outputs or some are inputs. Convention would make A and B the inputs while Y would be an output. If that is the case a simple SR flip-flop is all you need. A rising edge on input A makes Y go high and a rising edge on input B makes it go low.

Brian.

thanks all for the reply. what i exactly need is the one described by betwixt. Input A rising edge will make Y go high & input B rising edge will make Y go low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back