Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] APC UPS ES 500 back up battery doesnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delacroix231

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I plug my ups apc es500 on the outlet it works perfectly fine but when a power outage occurs or if I unplug my UPS in the outlet my computer will turn off and a continous beeping sound occurs without the green light. I tested the battery using multimeter and it works perfectly fine the indicator shows 12volts to 13 volts.. Please help me with this problem. Thanks in advance

The batteries can read okay on a voltmeter but then lack the power to drive a load. They develop internal resistance, and this reduces how much Amperes they can put out.

From my experience with a backup UPS, the batteries only last a few years (whether they are used much or little.) Then they must be replaced. Often they are gel cells. These are not made to have the lifetime of a deep cycle lead-acid battery.

Thank you for your quick response, so are you suggesting me to buy a new battery replacement in my UPS?? Does this solve my issue regarding my UPS? Thank you

The batteries can read okay on a voltmeter but then lack the power to drive a load. They develop internal resistance, and this reduces how much Amperes they can put out.

From my experience with a backup UPS, the batteries only last a few years (whether they are used much or little.) Then they must be replaced. Often they are gel cells. These are not made to have the lifetime of a deep cycle lead-acid battery.

I call this a design feature. I believe all maintenance free lead acid batteries are gel cells. The capacity also decreases steadily (almost from the beginning) and they rarely last more than 2 years. The ones with external batteries last far longer (one is still alive and kicking after 4 years). I originally suspected that there are some faults in charging program but now I believe that I am wrong, as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back