Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ICDWarn0020: Invalid target device id Problem in PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

pravec065

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
icdwarn0020: invalid target device id

Hi,

I am using PIC16F946 uC and MPLAB ICD2 as programmer, using USB connection and the target is powered from ICD2. When I connect everything up and select the MPLAB ICD-2 as the programmer in MPLAB I get this error message.

Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2

...Connected

Setting Vdd source to MPLAB ICD 2

ICDWarn0020: Invalid target device id (expected=0xA3, read=0x0)

...Reading ICD Product ID

Running ICD Self Test

...Passed

MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

Also I have seen lot of discussions about the same problem and am not able to find any solution on this. Will you please suggest solution for the above problem ?

Thanking you

Praveen Nayak
pravec065@rediffmail.com

invalid target device id pic

You connection (wiring) is wrong or your MCU is broken.
Try with other MCU.

invalid device id mplab

Hi,

I have checked the connection once again and is OK.
My unit works with program which was loaded earlier. But only thing is I can not download new program into this. I hope my MCU is OK.

Thanks,
Praveen

icdwarn0020

ur controller is perfectly alright then, it has power supply problem, it is not identifying the controller.
One more probabitlity is the cable connecting the programmer and the PC. this problem comes very oftern and the programmer software fails to recognise the controller

pic24 target error

Hi,

I got new Programmer - QL2006 and able to download the program into unit. Now my unit is working without any problem. So, I think there is some problem with MPLAB ICD2 Programmer.

Regards
Praveen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back