Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arduino to Beaglebone Black code transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumpjet

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can we transfer the source code written in C to Beaglebone in some efficient way ?
Is there some way out to reduce the development timeline ?
:thinker:
Obviously all the I/O has to be mapped or some reworks can be expected.

BeagleBone Black supports linux OS, and you can even run the compiler inside. Considering that you did not mention C++ but just C, it is supposed no necessary to think about to cross compile.

How do we run the code as in a microcontroller?

When we switch on does it go into a while loop? How do we do that ?
( considering it is a small PC, it might have a boot time and so on, correct ?
The existing code is in Arduion C language not C++

The Arduino has a version of an OS that call the 'setup' and 'loop' functions so you will probably need to provide a wrapper that does that.
You will also need to provide code for the various library functions that you call or include the library binaries (in some way if that is possible).
A quick Google search show that there are Arduino simulators and emulators around that let you run your code under Windows and Linux (and possibly others). They seem to be of varying quality and completeness but may provide what you need.
However, I would suggest that you really don't bother as I can imagine you having more issues getting the simulator/emulator to work and then getting your code to run under that than simply re-writing the code for the target environment. You have already mentioned the need to rework the I/O and I suspect that this might be the least of your tasks.
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back