Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] PCB finish for High Speed pcb

Status
Not open for further replies.

senilicus

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

At the moment I am working on a design that carries several high speed signals, (40Mbit, 10Mbit). There is no soldermask on these traces and
we need a finish for those traces.

ENIG or ENIPIG are not possible because of the nickel and immersion silver wil oxidate over time.

One of the possible finishes could be Electroless Palladium/Autocatalytic Gold (EPAG, EPIG)) but this appears to be a finish that not much
pcb manufacturers offer.

Any suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

What a mistake I made.

The signals are 40Gbit an 10Gbit. a bit faster.

Hello all,

At the moment I am working on a design that carries several high speed signals, (40Mbit, 10Mbit). There is no soldermask on these traces and

ENIG or ENIPIG are not possible because of the nickel and immersion silver wil oxidate over time.

One of the possible finishes could be Electroless Palladium/Autocatalytic Gold (EPAG, EPIG)) but this appears to be a finish that not much
pcb manufacturers offer.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Hello all,

pcb manufacturers offer.

Any suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

What a mistake I made.

The signals are 40Gbit an 10Gbit. a bit faster.

It's best to avoid microstrip transmission lines for 40 Gbps applications. Use stripline transmission lines. Then you don't need to worry about surface finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back