Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hex file for iar workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

lats

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all
i have downloaded the iar workbench avr for compulation of atmega 8 l micocontroller. but i am not able to generate the hex file. please help me out for the procedure to generate the hex file.
thanku

In the Workspace area right-click on your project. Click "Options". In the Category area click on "Linker". On the first tab (Output) click on radio-button "Other" then choose "intel-standard" from the "Output format" combo. Click "OK".

After bulding the project you get one file with the project's name and the extension ".a90" in the folder "Release" -> "Exe". If you want, you can copy the file somewhere else and change its extension in ".hex" or you can directly use it from your programmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.