Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pls recommend a PA for 2W/450M/LTE application

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_lth

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, All,
Pls recommend a PA for 2W/LTE/450M, which use in railway telecomm.
The input of the PA is +23dBm, but the output should be +33dBm,
Which parameters should be consider when select a device for such application?
Many thanks.
Best,
Tony Liu

LTE @450 MHz ? Is there such band ??

Hi, Bigboss,
It's a special band for railway telecomm.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it is not a standard band, so I may not find suitable PA in popular vendor, and it's power level is higher than standard, it become harder.
So I want to find a device to amplify LTE signal and I want to know which parameters should I care, such as what OIP3, or do I need to simulate EVM for it with S-params?
And old topic, S-params is small signal, now it's high power signal, what params should I use? etc.

Hi, Bigboss,
Are you sure that this device can reach 2W for LTE signal?
I checked its power at WCDMA, its only +23dBm, so I doubt whether it can reach 2W for LTE signal?
Best,
Tony Liu

Hi, Bigboss,
Are you sure that this device can reach 2W for LTE signal?
I checked its power at WCDMA, its only +23dBm, so I doubt whether it can reach 2W for LTE signal?
Best,
Tony Liu

It's not been marked for LTE with ACPR condition.I do frankly not know how much power it can supply for LTE signal but it may be around for WCDMA.
In fact, 2W Output Power @450MHz can be obtained easily by using discrete transistors.You don't have to stick to Integrated solutions.A highly linear 35-36dBm@P1dB Power Amplifier will give you a good response.Class A-( Pushpull AB ) Power Amplifier using with standard LDMOS or GaN transistors can easily be implemented.

It's Band 31. Uplink from 452.5 to 457.5MHz, Downlink from 462.5 to 467.5MHz. It was developed to attend fixed termianls in rural areas in Brazil.

I have used PD55015 from SG to deliver 4W mean or 12W peak in class B. There is also a smaller version PD55008.

What about RA03M4547MD from Mitsubishi. You have nice margins at input and output, gain is regulated, it's mismach-load protected. Disadvantages? Price.

Thank you all, all my brothers.
Best,
Tony Liu

- - - Updated - - -

Filip,
You recommend RA03M4547MD, but its OIP3 is only about 48dBm, (IMD3=-25dBc@Pout=35dBm), I think it's too low for 2W LTE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back