Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

89c51rd2 programmer help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

macroasm

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
89c51rd2 programmer

I want 89c51rd2 programmer ...help me..

89c51rd2

Hai macroasm
This programmer for the Atmel 89 series of microcontrollers from United7 technologies is a simple to use & low cost, yet powerful flash microcontroller programmer for the Atmel 89 series. It will Program, Read and Verify Code Data, Write Lock Bits, Erase and Blank Check. All fuse and lock bits are programmable. This programmer has intelligent onboard firmware and connects to the serial port. It can be used with any type of computer and requires no special hardware. All that is needed is a serial communication port which all computers have. In caseUSB support is required, the programmer can be used with an optional USB to serial converter is available

Fore more details and supported chips, please visit www.united77.com/89programmer.htm

Good luck

p89c51rd2 isp

On of the high points of '89C51RD2 and family is the built-in serial bootloader. It means, you don't neead ANY programmer, as long as the board with the 'RD2 has an RS232 level converter (such as MAX232) connected to Rx and Tx pins of the mcu; then a simple serial cable (or an RS232-to-USB converter "cable") to PC.

On the PC side, ready-made applications are provided for convenient use: FlashMagic for the Philips flavour of 'RD2 family; and FLIP for the Atmel's (sidenote: always include the prefix of chip you are referring to, to avoid confusion on the manufacturer).

JW

p89c51rd2 programmer

Here's one.
I use flip 2.4.4 from atmel.

It is very easy to use the command line interface from within flip. I just double click the bat file, it then runs batchisp which programs & verifies.

make a bat file in notepad.
example of batch file:
Code:
c:
cd "C:\Program Files\Atmel\FLIP 2.4.4\bin"
batchisp -cmdfile "F:\8051\flip.cmd"
pause

make another file in notepad called flip.cmd:
Code:
-device AT89c51RD2

-hardware RS232

-baudrate 57600

-operation

#erase F (to erase whole flash, takes a long time!)

erase 0 #(use next two lines to erase first two pages)
erase 1 # (it is faster than erasing the whole flash)

loadbuffer "F:\8051\hexfile.hex"

program

verify

# Set the R/W security level

# ===================

#ssl2

#-serialize 0x0000 0x0123456789abcdfe 1

in the cmd file you can comment out the lines you don't want with "#" at the beginning of the line.

I like to use this simply because the hex file can be programmed right on your main board with no extra hardware except a switch or a jumper on PSEN. This shortens the developing time a lot and saves bending or breaking off a pin by removing the chip every time you want to program it! If you are learning new code, you will probably have to program the chip 100 times while making changes to the code. This interface makes it simple, and possible.

The newer version of flip might not support your RD2 if it is an older one. Some of the old bootstraps are not supported so I have learned.

Good Luck

serial programmer for p89c51rd2 using isp

hello sir i am from india/tamilnadu... i am selling the atmal programmer for Rs600 witch wor th Rs 2200 + courrier charge. if u want u can contact me at +91 9344908505.

microcontroller 89c51rd2

Surprised to see the price of rajee moorthy. Actually i had bought the same for 3000/- plus taxes and couriour from Sunrom.com, after i failed to construct one with the given files.

Here are the files required to construct the abouve said programmer for 89 series chips.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Here is an USB based Programmer for 89S with ISP support, with schematics, firmware and the programming software.

**broken link removed**

p89c51rd2 serial example

Nice and simple ISP programmer....

Works also for AVR
Supports 89S series microcontrollers from atmel and any other uc with ISP capability..
I am not sure whether it supports 89c51rd2..

Status
Not open for further replies.