Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Headphone jack install on a tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankee

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to wire a headphone jack

Hello -
I would like to install a stereo 1/8" headphone jack on a mono TV.
I do not know how to wire the jack as it will be stereo and the TV is mono. I have access to the (2) speaker wires for the TV. I would like the speaker to be off when the headphones are in use.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thank you.

installing headphone jack

Doesn't the TV have AV output, cause then you could plug in a conversion circuit to use with the earphones.

If you wire up a female jack connector correctly, then when you plug in the male connector, it breaks a switch, this would be used to break the circuit for the speakers.

I wouldn't recommend that you attach earphones directly to the speaker wires, you WILL blow the earphones, and subsequently your ear-drums.

If you give me some time, and hopefully between homework, I may come up with a solution. Perhaps someone else may have an idea, if not better than mine may be.

Sputnik :idea:

yankee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
connect headphones to speakers tv

Hi -
The TV does not have any audio jacks on it. Would I be able to connect to the speakers with resisters so as not to blow the headphones out?
If so, what would their configuration be and what strength?

Thanks much!

how to install a earphone jack to a tv

Well, if you can get an 8Ω resistor of a sufficient power rating, you could connect that in place of your speaker so that you can put the volume up high and and measure the voltage and current output. Then you could perhaps put a resistor in series with headphone, I've just got to find a jack somewhere in my junk box to see how to connect it up then I'll post it. I'll post it tomorrow.

School really sucks!

how to install headphone jack

As Lady Luck would have it, I threw my jacks out as they were bad quality and just broke, so, if you have pictures of your jacks and could post them, perhaps that would work, sorry about this.

This is the same principal as my computer, audio is played through rear audio panel, when earphones are connected to the front audio panel, audio is re-routed through earphones.

yankee

install a headphone jack

Beware of the possibility of electrocution... :sm11:

Read paragraph 30.16 of this text: **broken link removed**

/Rambo

yankee

installing earphone jacks for tv

this should work

yankee