Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparing Images / Pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleinbaas

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I need to compare two (monocrome / black and white) images to see if they are identical or not.
I can use OpenGL or DirectX.
Please provide me with a bit of code that will access a specified pixel in a loaded image.
I want to save the pixel value (possibly many values to an array) and then compare it to the pixel values of the second image.
Thank you for any help.

Added after 1 minutes:

PS.. I use C (C++ is also ok)
-thanks

you dont need to use opengl or directx to compare two images. they are used for displaying 3d agraphicc.

you can find image loaders in the www. when you load the image you can access
its pixels easily.

check for cximage and freeimage libs . they are free and open source.

aslso devil is very good image library.
they support lots of image formats for example bmp,jpg,tif and many more

Dear Bilgekann:

Can you provide the Urls for those image compare tools? and if possible, are those tools able to compare the quality between 2 images? if not? any suggestion? thanks a LOT!

Louis

Hi ,

libaries i mentioned above are not for comparing images but for loading, saving and displaying images in different format.

But when you load an image it means that you can access pixels of image individualy. then only the think you have to do is compare individual pixels seperatly. but if you have similiar image which are snapshoted in different lighting condition you can not achive proper compare operation. instead there are lots of
transform to compare images to solve problems like this.

this link is a project using content based image retrival and also has documents and source code

check out , what you need is in this link
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back