Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting battery powered baby swing to wall plug power

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott45

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
There's a similar post out there about converting a battery powered baby swing to run off a dc power supply but since I'm not sure if it's cool to hijack someone's post I just started a new one.

Here's the link to what I'm trying to do: Russelldad's blog: Guest Post: Baby Swing Batteries/Plug Switch Modification

That link provides some text to describe how the circuit needs to be hooked up but what I really need is a picture, or some much more detailed text. I've got the parts (DC power supply, adapter plug, wire and SPDT switch) ready to go. Just need some input on what needs to connect to what.

The swing is powered by 4 D batteries and I'd like be able to operate from either wall power or battery power depending on which way the switch is thrown. Throw the switch one way and the swing should run off the batteries - throw it the other way and the swing should run off the wall plug power. I'm hoping I got the right switch as I'm seeing websites out there that make me think I should have gotten a DPDT switch.

Can anyone take a look at this pic and tell me which letters need to be connected?

27_1324522040.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

From the description you won't need to do anything to the existing internal on/off switch. It shouldn't make a difference whether it goes to bat+ , or to bat-.

Is the center pin B of your switch really the common pin? (I'll assume it is.)

Disconnect red wire at BAT+ PIN D. Connect this red wire to SWITCH PIN B.

Wire BAT+ PIN D to SWITCH PIN A.

Wire plug+ PIN G to SWITCH PIN C.

Wire plug- PIN F to BAT- PIN E (common ground).

But note one important thing. The batteries supply Constant and pure DC, while the plug pack will have unregulated DC with ripples. This may damage your circuits which are now running safe with batteries. Measure the voltage with and without load, and both should be almost the same. Coz i have modified a similar circuit where i have used LM317 based regulator.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back