Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate the power consumption on a circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericmar

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ac power consumption calculation

If I have a number of op-amps on a circuit, how do I calculate the power consumption? Do I consider only the quiescent current?

Thanks,
Eric

how to calculate ac power consumption

it depends on the circuit u r using.... in dc it is easy but when the signal or intermediate signals are ac then the power consumption will vary.... in dc the current supplied by the power supply can be used to easily find the power consumption...

calculate ac power consumption

Connect a ammeter in series with the circuit and measure the current. Measure the supply voltage. Multiply current and voltage to calculate power consumption.

calculate power consumption

dc power dissipiation will be higher than that of ac, since usually the ac voltages are very less even at the output.

to find your output power dissipiated, measure the voltage across which you take the output and multiply it by the current flowing through the output terminal.

circuit power consumption calculation

If the supplies are same to all the opamps simply measure the voltage and current across the maiin supply. multiply them to get the power. AC part i think u can neglet it.

how to calculate power consumption of ac

do u know to operate multimeter? Then it is easy to measure. Normally there is ampere measuring included in multimeter. U can then check the operating manual of multimeter & it will show how to measure current.
Then voltage x current = watts.

how to calculate power consumption

By measuring the currents and voltages you are not calculating the power consumption. I think the easiest way to calculate the power consumption is by detailed analysis of the various circuit elements. If a simulator is available this might be suitable for your purposes.

Cheers
Slayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back