Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a PWM circuit in CMOS circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonkuo

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pwm circuit schematic

Dear all:

I would like to design a pulse width modulation circuit so that my circuit
will have the different duty cycle ( 50%-50%, 40%-60%, 30%-70%).
But I don't want to use the dividers to implement it, because it will decrease my output frequency. Anyone has other suggestion?

cmos pwm comparator

did you design a IC PWM or use IC to realise?

how to design a pwm

First of all you need a clock circuit which you can build using to 2 CMOS NAND gates ar 555. Secondly, you need a circuit that will be trigged by this clock and will have ability of changing width of pulses. This can be realised with CMOS CD4528 but instead of connecting only resistor in its RC tank you will connect this resistor through C-MOS switch (eg CD4066). You can use as many switches with different resistors as you wish. Each combination will give you different pulse width.
Alternatively you can use P-MOSFET transistor as variable resistor or digital potentiometers IC (eg Dallas DS1804-50, 50k, 100 steps) to control the value of R.
There are thousands way of doing this, it is just the matter of your imagination....

Other thing is how would you like to control the width of pulses?

simonkuo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
comparator cmos circuit

use 555 to generate slope,a high gain opamp as error amp.& power mos as the output stage.

simonkuo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
cmos pwm circuit design

PWM circuit you can make with simple CMOS comparator that compare from one side sinewave voltage and other side is triangular voltage.

pwm cmos circuit

Try TL494

pwm with cd4528

anyone has the PWM schematic or reference manual ?

pwm circuit

this is a good paper

Are you talking about duty cycle corrector or PWM? From your statement, I think is duty cycle corrector.

PWM is including ramp generator, comparator etc.
Duty cycle corrector is capacitor plus some other ckt.

Status
Not open for further replies.