Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gauge vs open-ended differential pressure sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

zainka

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
Working on a pressurized device using gauge sensors. Not much experience there, but generally spoken, is it correct that an gauge sensor rated for 1psi do the same as an 2psi differential pressure sensor where one end is left open/unconnected in free atmosphere?

Please apologize if I am all wrong on this...

Breg
Vidar

A gauge sensor and differential sensor are exactly the same.

Only difference is the gauge sensor has only one external connection, the atmospheric port is inside and not accessible.

A differential sensor has two external ports, but you can just leave one open to atmosphere and use the other as a gauge port.

Both will read pressure above (or below) atmospheric, and they will read the same.

A gauge sensor and differential sensor are exactly the same.

Only difference is the gauge sensor has only one external connection, the atmospheric port is inside and not accessible.

A differential sensor has two external ports, but you can just leave one open to atmosphere and use the other as a gauge port.

Both will read pressure above (or below) atmospheric, and they will read the same.

Very good then, so I was correct on something finally. Thats a nice christmas gift to know...... Thanks for the confirmation.
It gives a wider range of sensors to purchase as replacement and that was what I wanted to have confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back